Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book from iTunes Store to Kindle?

I recently bought a book from the iTunes Store with a giftcard I got. I already have the Kindle app for my computer, so I thought it would transfer to that app and allow me to sync it with my Kindle. But it hasn't. How do I get this book on my Kindle?

macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.5)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 12:14 AM

You can't. Most ebooks have digital rights management on them which ties them to that store's ereader and apps/programs - so books bought from Amazon can only be read on a Kindle on in a Kindle app, and books bought from Apple can only be read in the iBooks app (and therefore only on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 29, 2011 12:14 AM in response to marionrains

You can't. Most ebooks have digital rights management on them which ties them to that store's ereader and apps/programs - so books bought from Amazon can only be read on a Kindle on in a Kindle app, and books bought from Apple can only be read in the iBooks app (and therefore only on an iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch)

Book from iTunes Store to Kindle?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.