Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto not recognizing my SDHC card.

I have a MacBook Pro (version 10.6.8) and have been having an issue with iPhoto recently (version 8.1.2). My SDHC card (SanDisk Ultra 16GB) is no longer recognized through iPhoto, but I do see it when I go through Finder. I can import pictures off of the card by doing the following: Open iPhoto > File > Import to Library > Selecting the Photos from the SD card. I would rather not purchase a card reader and I never go through the camera cord. I use the reader built into the computer itself. My boyfriend has a Mac Mini and my card does register through his iPhoto. He recently purchased the Mac Mini so he has all of the newest software versions (if this matters). For this reason, I do not believe there is any problem with the card itself, but possibly through settings in my iPhoto library. I have not tried using another SD card either. If anyone has any suggestions or helpful tips, this would be greatly appreciated.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 9:30 PM

6 replies

Dec 28, 2011 10:39 PM in response to LarryHN

I reformatted the card through the Mac's built-in SD card reader. I've never used the actual camera's cord to connect to this computer because I never needed it. It's somewhere in the original box.

I'm not so sure it has anything to do with the card. The card can be read through iPhoto on Lion (through a Mac Mini) just as it should and used to on my computer. Do you think it's possible that it's an iPhoto problem?

iPhoto not recognizing my SDHC card.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.