Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband can't record my mixer. Please Help!!!

Hello, yesterday I bought a behringer XENYX x2442 usb mixer. I have seven drum mics plugged into the mixer via xlr. The mixer works great. BUT I plugged in the behringer u-control uca222 from the mixer to my mac. Garageband recognizes the control I am using but it won't record the sound. I have tried going to preferences and choosing built in output and system settings for output and the controller for the input but nothing seems to work. I put the monitor on and on with no feedback protection and still nothing seems to work. RCA cables are plugged from the 2 track usb output to the input of the uca222. I think i have tried everything and garageband still doesn't recognize the sound.

GarageBand (Mac) '11, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Dec 28, 2011 11:19 PM

4 replies

Dec 29, 2011 5:49 AM in response to drummermahn

I'm having the same problem with the Xenyx x1204 I got for Christmas. It works fine in EnergyXT2 the free software from Behringer after adjusting the input settings. The mixer is supposed to be plug and play and does not require Mac drivers and subsequently there are none on their website.

It should appear as something like audio codec for the input if its recognised. You need to change the input in System Preferences sound and Garageband Preferences and make sure when you add a vocal instrument track you click the question mark below and make sure the input is also showing audio codec. So far I have found that even with these correctly entered Garageband does not pick it up usually.

A work around which sometimes gets it to recognise is setting up the mixer in EnergyXT2 first then opening Garageband and in Garageband then go to Preferences and change the input to one you do not want and then back to audio codec it then gives a message like updating sound card or something (I can't remember) and theres a short wait then theres a chance it should work.

Just another little thing worth mentioning, if you are using a phantom mic with your mixer it might be that the gain needs to be quite high also. Seems to be something with Behringer Xenyx USB mixers needing to be set higher than usual.

Garageband can't record my mixer. Please Help!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.