Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing icon disappears. Why?

The moment I enter my Apple ID and password, the Home Sharing icon in the left menu disappears. I've tried turning on Home Sharing on my iPhone and iPad too, but nothing happens - I don't see any shared libraries in iTunes.

I've tried tweaking my preferences settings, googling for solutions, upgrading my router's firmware, but nothing worked.

I'll be grateful to any help. Thank you.

I'm using a MacBook Pro with OS 10.6.8. It has CISCO VPN client 4.9 installed. I'm also using an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2 on iOS 5.0.1.

I'm connected to the Internet using a D-Link 615 Rev-E router.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 2:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2013 12:35 AM

Turns out, this was done purposely by my company using the OS image they installed.

2 replies

Jan 17, 2015 1:58 AM in response to LEaf

Hello sorry to revive an old thread but cannot seem to be able to post something new on forum.

Hello

We have in the family - an iMac, and 2 Macbook airs.

All running Yosemite and iTunes 12.

I want to have the main iTunes library (films and music etc) shared to the two MBAs.

However , I am seeing the icon showing the home sharing (the little house to the left of the music note) not being very consistant.

All Home Share's are activated, on the same main Apple id.

All computers are authorised in iTunes for this Apple ID.

The icon will appear on the iMac, and maybe one other MBA never both.

Then after awhile the icon will disappear completly from any of the machines.

i have tried, closing home share, reentering etc, closing iTunes etc.

I am suspecting it could be something around Network access, remembering few years ago on an earlier version of iTunes people comparing about the IPv6 settings - but I havent got a clue what to do, as it is set as Automatically, and when I choose Manually it just shows blank.

I have renewed the DHCP client on each MBA - just as thats nice and easy - both are on separated ip addresses.

I am going slowly mad here, so appreciate any help.

thanks in advance

Pat

Home sharing icon disappears. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.