Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there an app to remotely access an ipad?

We would like to remotely support employees using their iPad 2 travelling.

Is there an app that enables our technical support to access a remote iPad 2, either from an desktop PC (Windows) or from another iPad? It probably would be enough if we could see what is happeing on the iPads screen, but it would be even better, if we could control the remote iPad, too.

Note: we are not loooking for a way to access a PC from an iPad - it's the other way around what we need.

iPhone 4, iOS 5, iPhone 4S

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 7:10 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2011 10:31 AM in response to TRocky

At this point, no. As I understand it, the nature of the iPad operating system would make this tricky - except for a few apps that can run in the background (ie playing music) it's not true multitasking. Instead, most apps go into a hibernation/freeze when you switch to another app, so one couldn't use the remote control app to control anything outside of the app itself. The only app I've seen that comes close (http://mysyncpad.com/) allows control within that app only - once the iPad user leaves the app, the connection is gone.

Sep 25, 2015 2:14 AM in response to TRocky

HI all, hope this helps.

I recently checked out the web and this forum typing the usual question how do I remote access or control my iPad/iPhone and the usual rubbish comes up with support software that sort of works but does not do what you want or the usual idiots that start the sentence "well if you jail break it" derrrr.

First off People who ask this usually work in a support environment with 100 + iPhone/iPad users and since we support remotely and there is nothing that seems to work how we know you want it to so YOU as the support person have to get a bit creative.

Step 1. Get a laptop, desktop or Mac book onsite that you can access via remote software. We use Citrix go to assist but team viewer is also good and logmein is another one. They all claim to access iPad's & iPhones but forget it, they do not do this in the way you want to.

Step 2. Make sure the end user or your dad, mum, whoever has http://www.airsquirrels.com/ reflector installed on the iPad or iPhone. Again other products must be available we just happened to use this one. Actually came across it when we were shooting a video for a backup application we sell and used it to beam iPad on screen and controlled + filmed from the pc/Mac.

Step 3. The user needs to click on the reflector app and selects your remote PC/Mac (You will also need the reflector software installed on this PC/Mac). Since you are on the remote device using VNC or what ever remote access software you have YOU can now fully control the users iPhone/iPad in the way you all ask the question in the 1st place.

Yep it is a ball ache and yes this is so much easer on any other phone/tablet OS but this works and until some smart a*$e comes out with something else this is the only fully visual work around I have found. It would really help if the people who sold remote access software stated that you can not actually control the users screen remotely and no we do not want ruddy screen shots and it's not a viable alternative.

The steps above work 100% boys and girls so I hope it helps at least one person on the planet.

PS before you ask I work for none of the companies above, I am just letting you know what I use or have used in the past.

Is there an app to remotely access an ipad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.