Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do Apple still sell the normal earphones; without the mic and remote?

I bought an iPod and along with a pair of Apple earphones. They were the normal earphones without the mic and remote. They were not the in-ear ones, which I hate. On the Apple Store website, I only see the earphones with the mic and remote, and the ones without the mic and remote are the in-ear earphones. I was wondering if Apple still produce the normal earphones without the mic and remote?

http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MB770G/B?fnode=MTY1NDA0Ng

I want to buy a pair like the ones above, just without the mic and remote.

Thanks.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 8:04 AM

1 reply

May 11, 2012 4:05 AM in response to Maryam.

No - Apple does not sell normal replacement earbuds (without mic or remote).

This is a complete mystery to me. I have talked to Apple.com Support and Sales, and been to an Apple retail store. There were no normal earbuds for sale, and nobody could give me the slightest explanation why.

How is it possible that Apple sells all of its products with normal earbuds, but does not offer them for sale by themselves?

Personally, I am more than miffed by this deliberate move by Apple marketing. In essense, they are forcing you to buy their expensive new earbuds with the mic and remote. But I do not want this! I feel insulted by Apple because of this poor decision to not sell replacement earbuds. It is so obviously a move to manipulate consumers into buying more expenseive replacement headphones. Shame on Apple.

By the way - Any normal Apple earbuds you find online for sale, on ebay or amazon, or almost certainly fake. These earbuds are manufactured in China, and they even make counterfeit retail boxes and packaging. By eye, you cannot tell them apart. But in your hand, the fake ones are plastic, and break very quickly. These products are described as 100% authentic Apple, but they are totally not.

You cannot buy real normal Apple earbuds by themselves. They only come with new iPods/Nanos. Why, I do not know.

Do Apple still sell the normal earphones; without the mic and remote?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.