Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mouse effects

Hello, I have a MacBook (Mid 2010) and I was wondering how to add the effect of the waves or circles that appear when I click (as I've seen in several videos in which people use macs). I've searched the Trackpad options but haven't found anything concerning this.

Thanks

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 9:34 AM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2011 1:31 PM in response to negib

Can you point to an example?

I'm not aware of anything nothing built-in that does what you describe, so it's possible that what your'e seeing is just a special effect, either added by the screen-capture program used to record the video, or added in post-processing before the video was released.

For example, ScreenFlow (a popular screen capturing utility), touts it's ability:

During your screen capture, ScreenFlow tracks where your mouse cursor is, when you click and when you press a key. This allows you to add mouse click effects (both visual and audible) as an overlay showing your keystrokes and even lets you zoom the mouse pointer in and out.

Mouse effects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.