Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint works with iPhone but not iPad?

I bought an HP Photosmart 5515 printer for the sole purpose of being able to print via AirPrint from my iPad 2. It does not work and follows an outline of the problem.

Printer appears in choose printer on iPhone.

Sending an item to print opens a dialogue "connecting to printer". Followed by "preparing to print" and a page count if more than one page.

Dialogue closes but nothing is printed and there is no visible response from the printer.

I am able to print from the iPad using HP's "eprint" service, documents, web pages and photos.

I am able to print via AirPrint from my iPhone 3Gs.

This seems to rule out a problem with the printer and the wireless network. The iPad can see the printer but fails to send the job. As the iPhone works perfectly it appears the problem must be with the iPad.

Any ideas on what may be blocking this or is there something really simple I have missed?

Alan

MacBook Pro 17", Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 10:01 AM

7 replies

AirPrint works with iPhone but not iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.