Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Add Signature to E-Mails Sent from Preview

When I e-mail a document from Preview my signature is not automatically added to the e-mail. I can add it quickly from the signatures on the right, but I am running a small business and don't want the risk of forgetting to add it.

Mail automatically adds the signature to new messages and to replies, it just doesn't add it from an e-mail created in Preview.

To duplicate: open an image or PDF in Preview. Click on File --> Mail Image. A new mail message is created with the document attached, but the new e-mail does not automatically include my signature.

I am using OS X 10.5.8, Mail 3.6 (936), and Preview 4.2 (469.5).

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 11:02 AM

1 reply

Dec 29, 2011 1:05 PM in response to sam1234

Yes, same here, but the funny thing is that it tries to add it, (can tell because if the signature has external links, then Little Snitch will ask if Mail can connect to it just like composing a new one that does display it), but the signature drop down always says None & it doesn't display.

Copying the text of the PDF in Preview & using Services>Mail>Sand Selection does add the signature, but of course no PDF layout, just the text.

Only workaround I found is lots more work... Open PDF in Acrobat or Reader, File>Attach to Mail... new window opens without sig, Select All of the body, copy, close mail, CMD+n for a New mail, click in body, paste, sig is there.

I don't expect that to be a workable solution. 😉

Add Signature to E-Mails Sent from Preview

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.