Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to Move Message to Trash

Hi, just set up new IMAP email accounts (from a custom domain website, not Gmail accounts) on the iMac, iPad, iPhone 4. Email sends and receives properly on iPhone but when I attempt to delete an email, iPhone message pops up, Unable to Move Message to Trash. Using the same account on the iPad, I can delete an email normally. Ideas? Thanks.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 12:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 12:33 PM

See this Discussion from the More Like This on the right...

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3508453

6 replies

Dec 31, 2011 9:54 AM in response to AnaMusic

Thanks for suggestion but deleting and readding the account did not help.

I have found two other possible solutions, I haven't had the opportunity to try them yet:

1.) Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calendars>Account name>Advanced....Tap each folder (draft, trash, sent, etc) and select the appropriate folder for it. Do this even if it is already selected. (You will see a checkmark next to it after it is selected)

2.) The second suggested solution involves a change at the same settings path above, Advanced> ... change IMAP Path Prefix to INBOX.

Suggestion #2 rings a bell... we're using email off a domain at Network Solutions and the email folder heirarchy on our Mac OS X Mail apps seems to show all the Sent, Sent Messages, Draft, and Trash folders all within the Inbox, which is kind of wierd.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks.

Unable to Move Message to Trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.