Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes restore from Time Machine backup

Hi my iMac HD failed and it's been replaced. I've managed to restore all my data from Time Machine backups except my iTunes Library, Aperture Library and iPhoto library. How do I restore the settings, playlists, apps, etc in iTunes from Time Machine?

Thanks!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 1:23 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 1:45 PM

See Restoring your iTunes Backup on: Backup iTunes to an External Drive -

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1751

6 replies

Dec 29, 2011 3:32 PM in response to patdpoo

patdpoo wrote:

Hi Chris! I tried the Migration Assistant and it failed. I'm guessing my computer went into sleep mode. I decided to do some deep cleaning and went into Time Machine and only backing up some things I really wanted.

You backed up (added to Time Machine) only certain things or you restored (put back onto yrou HD) only certain things?

If everything is in Time Machine, open it, select the /Music/iTunes/ folder then Restore.

Same with iPhoto and Aperature.

Dec 29, 2011 3:58 PM in response to Chris CA

Oh, sorry, I restored what I wanted from the Time Machine backup. And I figured out why when restoring the iPhone and Aperture Libraries it didn't work, because I never upgraded the softwares when I reinstalled! Duh! So did all the updates and the restore worked. When I opened both programs up, my images were there.

Thanks for the help!

Happy New Year to you!

iTunes restore from Time Machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.