Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The song and artist name on my itunes is different to what it is on my iphone.

Ever since I've updated to the new itunes, I've encountered an annoying problem. When I change the song name by right-clicking on the song and clicking 'get info' and changing it that way, the changes don't apply to my iphone. Why is this?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 4:37 PM

7 replies

Dec 30, 2011 4:23 PM in response to Smellfry

Well after cussing for hr or so. Found a solution to my problem, and to yours possibly(worked for me).

First make sure you add the songs you want to your itunes libary (file add files to libary) then get info and change info to your desire, drag those files from your itunes music to your ipod music and should. Let me know if it works.!

Dec 30, 2011 4:52 PM in response to Smellfry

You have skype or anything? Easier to chat and explain lol. Ill try my best tho. Pretty much for the songs that are not working for you,remove(delete) from iphone-music. Make sure to then file add to libary select the songs, then go to the very top right "Library" below says music, click it, which then find the songs you just readded, right click get info, change the artist name, song name etc. What ever you need changed, then apply(ok), select the file(s) drag to the iphone/ipod - music. Should appear on iphone as it does on itunes.

The song and artist name on my itunes is different to what it is on my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.