Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerBook just slept then died???

Had my PowerBook On the other day listening to music when suddenly it went to into sleep mode a number of times it would come once I pressed the power switch but when doing that around the 5th time nothing happend I removed the battery but it continued to flash in sleep mode for around another 10 mins before stopping. I had also started to notice it wasn't remember my wifi password and neither the time or date if this too help?? I have opened the unit up and removed everything and refitted in hope it would work but nothing, my power adapter will glow orange and I once had it green?? Anybody any information of how resolve this I would be greatly thankful for!!

Also the specs :

PowerBook g4 15" 1 ghz, 1.5 gb ram 80gb hard drive running 10.5.8

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 4:52 PM

3 replies

Dec 29, 2011 5:26 PM in response to jbird2010

15-inch PowerBooks with 1.5G and 1.67G processors had a fairly common issue with one RAM slot failing. If that is the case, take out one RAM stick at a time as see if it resurrects. If you pull one stick and the computer runs. the slot that's now empty is the culprit. Leave it empty. To get around the loss of RAM, make sure the 1G module is in the good slot.

It takes a logic board replacement to properly fix teh bad RAM slot issues and I understadn taht APple are out of that board.

PowerBook just slept then died???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.