Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are RAW files kept in iPhoto?

I just recovered a bunch of photos from an SD card I accidentally erased. (Eh, they were just my 17-month year old's first Christmas Eve with Santa, no big deal, right?) Thankfully, I was able to recover them using a utility called CardRaider. (Worth every friggin' cent of the $17.99 it cost me.) But now I have a folder full of NEF files, which are the RAW images. I'd like to keep them with all the rest of my iPhoto files, but I can't seem to track them down. Where can I stash these files to keep them with the other thousands of RAW files I have?

3GHz Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 12GB RAM

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 11:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 29, 2011 11:12 PM

iPhoto is not a file syhstem - it is a SQL database and you must nevefr make any changes of any sort to it

If you want these photos stored with your thousands of other photos in iPhoto import them to iPhoto - you simply do not put them into the iPhoto library directly

LN

4 replies

Dec 29, 2011 11:23 PM in response to LarryHN

I have already imported them. So the .NES files will be imported from the desktop folder and placed along with the other RAW images in my collection, just as they would from a SD card? Just want to be sure. I think I used to be able to do a Command-I to click on an image in iPhoto and locate the RAW image on my computer, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. 😕

Dec 29, 2011 11:36 PM in response to Raymond Fox

What version of iPhoto?

Assuming that you have a default "managed" library (the iPhoto preference to "copy imported items to the iPhoto library is in its checked state) then all of your imported photos are copied bit for bit into th eiPhoto library and can be accessed at any time by exporting them with kind = original

To see your RAW photos make a smart album with kind = RAW

LN

Where are RAW files kept in iPhoto?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.