Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft word for iPad

Is there an actual app for Microsoft word on iPad

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 12:29 AM

10 replies

Dec 30, 2011 8:26 AM in response to Zyriab

D'oh - knew that didn't sound right (Words vs Pages) - brain freeze.

None of these apps are very expensive - but you can get a complete office suite (DTG, etc) for less than all 3 of the iWork apps, if you (the OP) are interested in that. I've never used Pages, but some people claim that it doesn't do as good a job with Word docs as the 3rd party suites, for what it's worth - you'd have to read the reviews and do some searching on this forum to get more info.

I've read that about MS as well, but the difference between "apparently is" and "might be" is fairly small... they haven't confirmed anything beyond that they are working on some apps for the iPad - they've already released OneNote.

Apr 26, 2012 11:11 PM in response to sheldonfrombirmingham

Download CloudOn from iTunes. It is FREE and it allows you to save MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint docs to Dropbox, Google Drive, or Box and open them on your iPad with a virtual version of MS Office 2010. This is the greatest thing I could have asked for! The best part is that you have access to these documents on your home computer and iPad because it automatically saves in both places when you make changes. AMAZING!

Microsoft word for iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.