Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 camera shutter stuck with iOS 5.0.1

Hi!

Ever since updating iOS to 5.0.1, the camera application has been acting up.

Upon opening the application, it gets stuck. Turning on the front camera sometimes works upon relaunching the app.

My applecare warranty is over, and I really don't like having a phone rendered pretty much useless save for a costly repair because of a maintenance update

Is there any official word on the question?

Regards

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 5:34 AM

6 replies

Jan 1, 2012 9:55 AM in response to brad805

Hi! Thanks, I've already tried everything you said, and so far nothing.

The thing is, it happened right as I updated to 5.0.1. What are the odds?

After doing some googling, I've found other people in the same situation.

I've ordered a replacement camera to check if it's a hardware problem. I'll keep this updated when I've replaced the camera.

Apr 9, 2012 3:02 PM in response to Cecile_C

Hi Everyone,

I have recently updated my iphone 4s to IOS 5.1. I now have the camera button on the lock screen, but it doesan't work. I still have to unlock the phone to use it. When I touch the camera icon, the screen judders, but fails to go into camera mode.

Any ideas, and has anyone in the UK had sinilar issues? I would be grateful for any suggestions.

iPhone 4 camera shutter stuck with iOS 5.0.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.