Skip navigation

iTunes Match and gapless information?

907 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Mar 9, 2012 7:00 AM by Michael Napier RSS
godbout Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Dec 30, 2011 7:48 AM

I've got a bit of troubles with iTunes Match, some more annoying than others... Of course like everyone some of my songs were uploaded instead of matched (but not that much) but I can live with that. I have 2 other problems though that bother me more:

- one is  the fact that some songs were wrongly matched, so I get another version of the song that don't fit with the album I'm having (for example the Pulse Live from the Pink Floyd, some songs seem to come from another live and the whole album is then worthless)

- another one is that gapless information seems not to be synchronized, so all the albums that I've downloaded from iCloud and that should be gapless are just not listenable.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Any tips?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)
  • david from flower mound Calculating status...
    Dec 30, 2011 8:01 AM (in response to godbout)

I added about 75 songs that I downloaded from another site..When I turn iTunes on it runs through looking for gappless info on those songs... I will have to check out my Pink Floyd Pulse recording to see if it matched...

• Michael Napier Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    Mar 3, 2012 3:41 PM (in response to godbout)

I am having the gapless problem too.  I sat down to listen to Pink Floyd "Dark Side of the Moon" and there are gaps there on my iPhone.

I am afraid, godbout, that I don't understand your suggestion.  Could you explain the process to get gapless working with Match?

• Michael Napier Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)
    Mar 9, 2012 7:00 AM (in response to godbout)

The problem only seems to happen on my iPhone.  I have my work PC tied to my iTunes Match account.  None of the music is stored on it.  When I listened to that album at work, which is basically just streaming, the gaps are gone.  They are gone on my main Mac too.  They only happen on the iPhone.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.