Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Care Plus and Traveling.

I bought my first iPhone 4s just before Christmas at the local Verizon store and I also bought the regular Apple Care since no one at Verizon bothered to tell me there was such a thing as Applecare +. When I called Apple a very nice rep told me she understood and that they first had to cancel the existing Apple Care before they could sell me the Applecare + and that becuase of the distance involved I would be able to do in on the phone. In the meantime, yesterday, I got my second 4s that I bought on the Verizon website with NO mention or way to buy +. They say you have to bring the phone to an Apple store for inspection but she said there was a workaround. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Apple this morning only to be told I would have to bring them both in. I live 50 miles from the Apple store and it is outrageous to expect me to drive 100 miles to buy something from them for 2 new phones. What kind of policy is this? Not everyone lives a reasonable distance from an Apple Store. I am now left with cancelled Applecare on my own phone and not knowing what to do with the one for my wife.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 9:09 AM

4 replies

Dec 30, 2011 11:59 AM in response to Mark Johnson7

YOU chose to purchase the phones through Verizon. No one was holding a gun to your head. You certainly COULD have purchased your iPhones with VZW as your carrier either at an Apple Store or via Apple's online store. Had you purchased directly through Apple, AppleCare+ could have been purchased simultaneously.

Whining about this on a user to user technical support forum just makes you look like a baby If you want to whine, whine to Verizon.

Dec 30, 2011 12:16 PM in response to Mark Johnson7

you did, by posting here. Clearly you did NOT read the TERMS OF USE of this forum that you agreed to when you signed up to post.

Again,since you seem to be oblivious, this is a TECHNICAL SUPPORT FORUM for users by other users. Apple is not here.

If you want to provide Apple with feedback, it goes here: http://www.apple.com/feedback/iphone.html

Have a very happy new year.

Apple Care Plus and Traveling.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.