Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I transfered all my photos to an external hard drive, but I still get the low disk space message when I try to upload more photos. Help please!

I moved all my photos from iphoto to an external hard drive, but I am still getting the "low space message" when I try to upload more photos to iphoto.

How do I free up the disk space in iphoto?

I currently have 642.1 MB of free space, but I thought that once I moved all my photos out of iphoto, that it would free up a bunch of space.

Help please!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 10:30 AM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2011 10:35 AM in response to mendonca4

Have you told iPhoto about the new location? If you haven't then iPhoto is ignoring it and continuing to use the original one. If you have completely transferred the library to the external hdd then you can delete the one on your internal one, but make sure that the one on your external drive is complete and has the iPhoto library icon on it. Whatever you do, don't lose your photos!

I transfered all my photos to an external hard drive, but I still get the low disk space message when I try to upload more photos. Help please!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.