Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Blackboard 9 Importing Files Error

I'm trying to import zip archive file (which is an exported file (test) from another Blackboard 9 course site) to the Blackboard 9 course site, but I am unable to do so and keep receiving an error messge:

Fatal: A fatal error has occurred. The reason for the error is: The provided file could not be identified as a supported package

I can import zip files to any Blackboard 9 course sites without errors on Windows platforms, but not on my Mac.

What cannot I import the zip archive files on a Mac?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 11:26 AM

2 replies

Dec 30, 2011 1:44 PM in response to OrangeMarlin

Hi Oragemarlin,

It sounds like you have no issues importing zip files into the Blackboard course site on your Macbook Pro (mine is 10.7.2).

As you mentioned, I never thought that there would have been an issue importing zip files. I simply compressed exported files by right clicking on "Compress" on a particular file.

I demonstarted exactly the same way on Windows and it worked fine, so I thought there would be something that I needed to fix on my Mac.

Blackboard 9 Importing Files Error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.