Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a powerbook problem is it keeps going 2 a black screen about 1.5 min right before that happens the fan moter turns on how can i stop that from happen

I have a powerbook g4 that i just bought the problem is it keeps going 2 a black screen every 2min or so when i am on the internet.now right before that happens the fan moter goes on .to get back 2 the page i was on i have 2 hit the return key this is a problem. can any one help me with this problem

PowerBook

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 12:20 PM

1 reply

Dec 30, 2011 12:41 PM in response to vern fromsan diego

Powerbooks have heat sensors that control the fan. The fan can run and not be heard unless the speed increases. If the powerbook thinks it's getting to hot it can start going into a shutdown mode.Thats a safety feature. Now if the sensor is reading heat wrong you might need to reset you PMU- power management control. since I don't know what model powerbook you have, I need to refer you to the apple article on it. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1431

I have a powerbook problem is it keeps going 2 a black screen about 1.5 min right before that happens the fan moter turns on how can i stop that from happen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.