Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard problem during call

When I call my answering service for my landline from my iPhone, I'm asked to enter my number. I press the keyboard icon and the smaller keyboard comes up. I start entering the number and all goes fine until I have to enter the number 1. When I press on the 1 it doesn't enter and instead the screen goes black then comes back up then goes black. If I keep trying the 1 sometimes gets entered, but there is then an extra space in front of it and my number isn't recognized by the service.

Has anyone had a problem entering numbers on the little keyboard during a call? Is this a hardware problem that means I have to give my phone in for repair or get a new one or is it a software issue that can be fixed?

Any help is greatly apprecated.

Rex

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 2:02 PM

3 replies

Jun 11, 2012 11:22 AM in response to rexwriter

I don't have the solution to you not being able to enter 1 during a call, but do have a work around for your answering service. Create a contact for the service and enter the phone number then a pause then your phone number and if necessary a pause and then any pascodes.

Then when you select the nomber from the contact list, your iPhone will dial the phone number, pause, send your landline number, pause, send any passcodes.

Keyboard problem during call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.