Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Albums in the Photo App

How do I create albums in the photo app on my iPad if I don't have a Mac or pc to sync to?

iPad 2, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 12:10 AM

With iOS 5+ you should get an Edit button at the top of the Albums screen in the Photos app which lets you create new albums, and you can then copy your photos into those new albums - the photos are only copied or pointed to by those new albums, so if you delete the original photo on your iPad then it is also deleted from all albums that you've copied it into.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2011 12:10 AM in response to rwgleaves

With iOS 5+ you should get an Edit button at the top of the Albums screen in the Photos app which lets you create new albums, and you can then copy your photos into those new albums - the photos are only copied or pointed to by those new albums, so if you delete the original photo on your iPad then it is also deleted from all albums that you've copied it into.

Creating Albums in the Photo App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.