Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocking 'locked' PDF files

I have a PDF sent to me that is locked. I want to be able to make notes on it on my iPad and send it back. Currently I am printing off the PDF document, making the notes with a pen, scanning them and sending the scanned copy back via e-mail. I've seen a number of iPad apps that allow me to make annotations on PDF files, but unfortuntely the PDF files I get sent to me are locked. Is there any way I can 'unlock' it and make annotations on it using some of these apps. (I am looking at getting iAnnotate for iPad). Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 30, 2011 9:54 PM

6 replies

Jul 2, 2016 12:35 AM in response to caarsen

Are you still facing the problems in unlocking your unlocked PDF files ? Then you can use a tool that will surely help you solve your PDF unlock problems.

While searching for a tool to remove restrictions from my PDF documents, I bumped into this PDF Security Removal tool and I was impressed with its working from the time I used it for the first time. It has a trial edition too, using which you can easily test it for unlocking your PDF files.

This software is capable to remove PDF restrictions from multiple PDF documents by using PDF unlock batch mode option. Want to know more, then visit the link : https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/PDF-Security-Removal-6121d042

unlocking 'locked' PDF files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.