Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

driver for emagic mt4 and emi6/2

hello, can't use my emagic 6/2 nor mt4 anymore on macbookpro with garageband nor logic pro. no drivers to find anymore... emagic.de is gone and in support 'emagic' is even not recognized... anyone got a solution?

tanx, regards, Lucaz

macbookpro 2,33Ghz Intel Core2 duo 2Gb 667Mhz DDR2 SDRAM, Mac OS X (10.6.8), logic pro 9, garageban, Final cut

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 1:00 AM

20 replies

Apr 23, 2017 11:17 PM in response to boris holscher

Thank you Boris,

this made my antique emi 2|6 rise from the dead again. I am trying to digitize a Vinyl Record with its help. My working environment consists of an iMac (Mid 2011) and MacOS 10.11.6, btw.

[OT] Does any of you have got a clue which Recording Software would be recommended for digitizing Vinyl or which preamp I should use if the signal of the Record Player is too weak?

Jan 3, 2012 12:07 AM in response to lucaz

done, thanx to Peter Frings!

now I keep the message:

Older version of emagic usb midi driver system installed, please update to 1.5 on emagic.de

Unfortunately emagic.de doesn't exist anymore.

Anyone got a solution?

Also everytime I start the computer I got : EmagicA26A62mFirmwareLoader dissabled because of dangerous startup permission... Can't get it away anymore?

this seems to be a difficult question or maybe everybody's enjoying Christmass holidays ;-)

greets, Lucaz

Jan 6, 2012 11:33 AM in response to Blueberry

hello Blueberry

the midi interface MT4 works, but still I can't get my emi 6/2m on my mac...

I lost the driver... The original drivers that came with the machine don't work, they even make a conflict when starting up (firmwareloader emagic disabled 'cause of bad security permission' or something like that.

I tried the 'software update' with this little emagic machine connected, but that doesn't work neather.

In this forum I can't see any topics...

Is there a way to start it again?

It doesn't appear in Audio/Midi application nor system preferences...

Thanks! greetings, Lucaz

Jan 6, 2012 12:40 PM in response to lucaz

The last driver version ever released for the A26 and A62m was not even Intel-Code (which will gurantee to fail on Lion). I think Apple actually never released an update after Emagic was bought, while the Unitor/AMT/MT4 driver got several updates.

If I remember correctly I've read about one guy releasing a hacked driver, which should work with later OS versions including Lion. Try Google with different search terms to find it.

Aug 27, 2012 11:16 AM in response to lucaz

Hello everybody,

I had the same problem, and by hangin around this forum, I read somebody claiming that he had universal binaries into the EmagicA26A62mFirmwareLoader drawer located in his /Library/StartupItems.

Well... a big thanks to him because, effectively, these "Emagic" universal binaries drivers do really exist.

You'll find them on the Apple Logic Studio 8 install disk, into the "Package" directory.

The only little trick is to do the installation manually : extract the drawers by hand and copy them into the system directories, because the installer won't be willing to do its job... 🙂

And you'll even get the Preference Panel by the way!

Regards,

Fred

P.S. I'm happy by now 😝

Feb 19, 2014 11:54 PM in response to lucaz

I've Repackaged an old version that does work with 10.7-10.9 (10.9 requires a boot with connected device for this to work), but without the control pannel.

http://www.diesen.ch/hacks/

Haven't tested midi or Input, nor digital I/O as I only use it as a mere Stereo out.

@fkhannouf: Could you point me to the Sub-Package that is supposed to contain the Drivers in the Logic Studio Install Disk? Also, is it Logic Studio 1 that contains Logic Pro 8?

Cheers

Andrei

driver for emagic mt4 and emi6/2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.