Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ATTN: Michael Allbritton, Mike Connelly, Carltonfrombedford, roebeet

We seem to be fielding a lot of the same questions. Anyone up for taking all the answers we've provided, breaking them down and creating a set ot "tips?" I know people can search the forum, but looks like a lot of people aren't. Perhaps a little effort now would save us all time in the long run.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 8:10 AM

11 replies

Dec 31, 2011 11:13 AM in response to JiminMissouri

I'm fairly new to the board (used it a while back when I had iPod Classic 5G issues) but I see the "User Tips" section here and keep wondering if a moderator will eventually take some of the more common problems and put them there. I assume that only a mod can do this? I know I don't have access.

I definitely see the value in doing that, however - there's a lot of repeat questions here that Apple can document and put there and probably eliminate at least 25% of the new posts here.

Dec 31, 2011 11:31 AM in response to JiminMissouri

I think Michael's suggestion is on target. Take it from the very first things people run into. Roebeet, I'm as new as it gets, so while I saw the Tips tab and wondered why there was nothing there, I hadn't looked into what it takes to get something there. I figured if someone with the right clearance isn't already part of the discussion, it wouldn't be terribly hard to track someone down.

The first question I've got though, is what's the best way to handle getting comments together on drafts. If we do it through the main discussion, it could get pretty mucked up in a hurry.

Any thoughts on how to proceeed?

Dec 31, 2011 11:47 AM in response to JiminMissouri

Did a quick google, and found this: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/719931?start=0&tstart=0

Looks like you need to be at least a level 2 to put in a suggestion - I'm not at that point yet. But there does seem to be a process in place. I would recommend the obvious stuff like upload vs match, 25k limit bypass, 96kps minumum bypass etc. The things that come up repeatedly that we could just refer to in User Tips and say "just read this". 🙂

Dec 31, 2011 2:11 PM in response to Community User

Ummm . . .I see someone with a big fat level 5 . . .

Actually I think the first "tip" might be nothing more than a link to the Apple support documents, with a brief description of what's there - and an acknowledgement that Apple may well add more information in the future. It shouldn't be necessary, but am I the only one who doesn't see a link to iTunes Match support documents smack up front in the user support forum?

Dec 31, 2011 2:52 PM in response to Community User

There's a brief FAQ right here <http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/> which if I were a smarter man I'd be pointing people to.

I think, instead of trying to sort out a list of Tips in a discussion thread a lit of them could be formatted in a Pages document, then pasted into a "tips" post. I'll read roebeet's link and see what I need to do to request one be made.

Dec 31, 2011 3:15 PM in response to Community User

I wouldn't say everything in the support documents is accurate. I noticed that how to delete something from the cloud kind of skips over the fact that if you do it their way, you're deleting it from your library as well, or at least that's how I read it. Still, Apple has put up some info and clearly it's not getting out to everyone, so best to link to those docs anytime we've got an excuse to do it.

Dec 31, 2011 4:26 PM in response to JiminMissouri

I"m game. Sorry for the delay, i've been out of pocket all day and have just sat down at my computer and see my name come up. Just let me know what to do. I've now completed Itunes match on a Mac and a PC. Running parrells. 😁 I wanted to see if I could and see if there is anything different betweent the Mac and a PC. As usual the Mac seems to run a little smoother, especially in changing things from waiting to uploaded as it goes. I guess the problem I see is what Michael stated in that people always think their problem is different than what the previous poster stated. I've thought of creating a list of tips and posting it, but figured it would get buried and then people would never see it. I wish there was a way to get it to stay at the top and that be the first think people see when they come to this forum. Let me know what I can do. I'm real busy this evening and probably will not be able to post until tomorrow sometime but I'll give what I can. Happy New Year to everybody, Hope the new year brings us lots of new Apple products and safe times.

ATTN: Michael Allbritton, Mike Connelly, Carltonfrombedford, roebeet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.