Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Life - Macbook Pro 13

I`ve just bought my new macbook Pro 13, but I have some doubts, like:

You can`t take the battery off in new MBP! And people say that it`s not good use the battery with the energy! How do I deal with that? People say that Mac`s batteries don`t get adicted! Is it true?

The other doubt is that I installed Parallels and people say that this software cause many damage to the battery. I`ve read a topic about that and I took some steps to avoid it!

My battery sometimes causes that it`ll take 7 hours to get down but other say that will take 4 hours, it has been oscilating. Is it normal? How can I fix it?

Thanks in advance,

John.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 8:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 1:04 PM

Newer kind of batteries do not have memory problem.

The battery in this MBP 15" uses about 16% per hour.

So your experience appears normal.

MBP/10.7.1

6 replies

Dec 31, 2011 1:23 PM in response to joaopscardozo

joaopscardozo wrote:

The other doubt is that I installed Parallels and people say that this software cause many damage to the battery. I`ve read a topic about that and I took some steps to avoid it!

What people? Parallels may draw more power since it is processor intensive, but it's not going to damage the batter. The only thing that will seriously damage the battery is putting it on an unprotected outlet and getting hit by lightning. Or pouring a cup of coffee on it.

Don't worry about not removing it. It will last over 1000 cycles, and that's just to get it down to 80% of maximum charge. You have years of life on it. YEARS.

Battery Life - Macbook Pro 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.