Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does it take so long to delivery?!

Ordered my Macbook pro today. Dispatch date for the whole order is 1-3 business days. Delivery estimate is 19th - 23rd January (today is the 31st December!!) so why does it take so long for the courier to deliver?? That's over 3 weeks away and a long time between dispatch and delivery!

MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 10:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 10:55 AM

You don't say where it is being delivered to but it is coming from China. It has to be built to your specs, packaged, picked up in China, put on a plane, delivered to customs in your country, clear customs, loaded on another plane, delivered to a warehouse near you, scheduled for pickup, and finally delivered.

How long should it take? Call the shipping company (FedEx, UPS, or whatever) and ask them why so long. We users do not have any insight into how the shipping company schedules deliveries.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2011 10:55 AM in response to nicktt

You don't say where it is being delivered to but it is coming from China. It has to be built to your specs, packaged, picked up in China, put on a plane, delivered to customs in your country, clear customs, loaded on another plane, delivered to a warehouse near you, scheduled for pickup, and finally delivered.

How long should it take? Call the shipping company (FedEx, UPS, or whatever) and ask them why so long. We users do not have any insight into how the shipping company schedules deliveries.

Dec 31, 2011 11:27 AM in response to BobTheFisherman

Sorry I probably didn't make myself clear. I was just sending out a general query as to why it seems to take so long.

I haven't upgraded any specs on my MacBook pro, I am going for the stock model they sell in the retail stores so surely they will have these lying around in a UK warehouse.

I've tried phoning Apple but obviously they are currently closed for the holidays. I'm sure you've experienced yourself waiting for new toys like this is frustrating, especially after reading on here that people have placed orders one day and received their Pro the next day!

Dec 31, 2011 12:54 PM in response to JustinfromEastonPA

OP is in the UK. There's not exactly an Apple Store on every corner, like we have here in Los Angeles. And since he pays US$8-10/US gal for gas (that's approximate, depending on the exchange rate), he's not going to drive down to London to get it and add another $100-200 to the cost of buying it. You might have extra cash in your pocket, but not everyone does.

Dec 31, 2011 1:13 PM in response to OrangeMarlin

I'm lucky enough there is one in Southampton where I live and there are two in Bristol where I study so I could easily go and pick one up! Infact I think there is a store within an hours drive of anyone in the UK now, plus there are official Apple stalls (with Apple staff and Genius bar) in most electronic superstores. So not too hard to find!

However, the issue is that I'll be paying for my Pro through finance (Barclays in the UK) so I don't really want to have to cancel that as they do a credit check on you and I'm afraid applying for finance again would affect my rating so I'm not too keen on doing that.

And before any of you suggest it, my finance has already been approved and Barclays will credit Apple within one business day (Tuesday, after the New Year public holiday on Monday) so this is not a reason for the delivery to be slowed up.

Out of interest I went onto the store again and added all my items to the basket. I ordered a MacBook Pro (standard 2.4 GHz 500GB model), Microsoft Office for Mac and Apple Care under university pricing and the delivery estimate was for the 4th January. So I'm wondering what could have possibly delayed my order!!

Why does it take so long to delivery?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.