Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

connected to network no internet

Very strange behavior of late. I have comcast modem and Time Capsule at home. We have two macbook pros, two iphones and an ipad. one macbook pro, iphones and ipad all connect to the network and internet with no issues. The second Macbook pro connects to the network, but never gets mail or loads safari. I do not get a message telling me I am not connected to the internet. In order to bring back the internet, I need to reboot the computer.

I have reset the PRAM, repaired permissions, set my network as the only network, airport is first on the list, unchecked the "ask to join new networks" box and at one time trashed the sytem pref file suggested.

The computer works fine on any other network.

I get the feeling that the comcast modem is not working properly or somehow DHCP is not working on my computer. Although the first is confusing as the other devices work fine. The other laptop is running lion and all iphones and ipads are up to date.

I am out of new things to try and quite frustrated.

any help would be great.

Debbie

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.8), intel core duo

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 1:46 PM

3 replies

Dec 31, 2011 2:51 PM in response to singerdf

Try the suggestions that you have not already tried;

Change your router channel. Sometimes this is all you will have to do.

Power cycling the router. Read the router's user manual or contact their tech support for instructions.

System Preferences/Internet & Network/Network

Unlock the padlock

Locations: Automatic

Highlight Airport

Click the Assist Me button

In the popup window click the Diagnostic button.

System Preferences/Network- Unlock padlock. Highlight Airport. Network Name-select your name. Click on the Advanced button. Airport/Preferred Networks-delete all that is not your network.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined." Click the OK button and lock the padlock. Restart your computer.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1920 Mac OS: How to release and renew a DHCP lease

No internet connection (wireless)

Check to see if an extra entry is present in the DNS Tab for your wireless connection (System Preferences/Network/Airport/Advanced/DNS).

Delete all extra entries that you find.

Place a check mark next to "Remember networks this computer has joined."

Other resources to check into:

How to diagnose and resolve Wi-Fi slow-downs

Pv6 troubleshooting

Mac OS X 10.6 Help: Solving problems with connecting to the Internet

What Affects Wireless Internet?

Solutions for connecting to the Internet, setting up a small network, and troubleshooting

User uploaded file

Dec 31, 2011 3:04 PM in response to CMCSK

Thank you so much for the suggestions.

I hav not run the diagnostic yet in network. Will do that tomorrow.

The only network is mine

I will look at the DNS entry. I think they are blank. I was going to add one.

I will renew the DHCP lease as well.

So frustrating that the computer works everywhere but my own home.

Happy New Year.

I will post back.

Debbie

connected to network no internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.