Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMatch Issues

I posted this several weeks agao and received no responses. I am hoping someone will respond now. I have seen the Apple list of status icons but that isn't helping. I have some songs in "waiting" mode since I signed up for the service. I don't know how to fiqure out what the errors are on those with error status. Thanks.

Some of my songs show the following status- uneligable (some of the songs here are "protected AAC audio file"- I don't know what that means, other songs have low bit rates- I don't know how to change that), waiting- how do I get the process started so those waiting get matched and/ or uploaded? I also have several marked "error" but I don't know what the problem is.

Any insight would be apprciated. Thanks.

iMac 10,1 Intel Core 2 Duo and MacBook 4,1, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPods, ATV v. 1

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 3:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 3:18 PM

It sounds like iTM is in the process of uploading songs from your library. That is generally what a status of "waiting" means. It's not an error status. In the left-hand column of iTunes in the Store section so you have an entry for iTunes Match? If so click it and you can see what it is doing. As I said, I suspect it is still uploading files. This process can take some time time depending on the speed of your internet connection's upload speed.

A "protected AAC audio file" is a song purchased from the iTunes Store that is wrapped in Apple's FairPlay DRM scheme, which is no longer used. Since some of those files are "ineligable" It is possible these files were purchased with an iTunes Store account your iTunes is not authorized to play. They will not be matched or uploaded by iTunes Match. Or they could be files purchased from another countries iTunes Store, which are not eligble at all for iTunes Match. If you don't know where the song came from you can burn them to an audio CD, then import them into your library as AAC files. They will then be eligible for iTM.

For low bit-rate songs (below 96 Kbps) you can convert them in-place to AAC files and see if they will then be matched.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2011 3:18 PM in response to Harry Heck

It sounds like iTM is in the process of uploading songs from your library. That is generally what a status of "waiting" means. It's not an error status. In the left-hand column of iTunes in the Store section so you have an entry for iTunes Match? If so click it and you can see what it is doing. As I said, I suspect it is still uploading files. This process can take some time time depending on the speed of your internet connection's upload speed.

A "protected AAC audio file" is a song purchased from the iTunes Store that is wrapped in Apple's FairPlay DRM scheme, which is no longer used. Since some of those files are "ineligable" It is possible these files were purchased with an iTunes Store account your iTunes is not authorized to play. They will not be matched or uploaded by iTunes Match. Or they could be files purchased from another countries iTunes Store, which are not eligble at all for iTunes Match. If you don't know where the song came from you can burn them to an audio CD, then import them into your library as AAC files. They will then be eligible for iTM.

For low bit-rate songs (below 96 Kbps) you can convert them in-place to AAC files and see if they will then be matched.

iMatch Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.