Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why can't i get rid of the console icon from the dock - it won't disappear when i drag it off- it springs right back to the dock. also, all my icons have disappeared from launch pad (except for app that i purchased)

why cant I get rid of the console icon from the dock - it spings straight back. also all my icons have disappeared from the launch pad exc for the one I paid for --only just purchased the mac yesterday

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 5:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 11:23 PM

Re the Console icon - it will behave the way you describe if you have not quit the program. In the Mac OS, closing the last window of a program does not usually quit the program - it is still running. Try clicking the Cosole icon to make it the active program, then press Command-Q (Quit in the Console menu in the main menubar).

Re the icons disappearing, try scrolling the Launch Pad window sideways. If you are using a Magic Mouse, use a two-finger sideways swipe. Or, press the left and right arrow keys to scroll it back and forth. Or, click the dimmed indicator blob at the bottom of the array -

User uploaded file

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 31, 2011 11:23 PM in response to jenann

Re the Console icon - it will behave the way you describe if you have not quit the program. In the Mac OS, closing the last window of a program does not usually quit the program - it is still running. Try clicking the Cosole icon to make it the active program, then press Command-Q (Quit in the Console menu in the main menubar).

Re the icons disappearing, try scrolling the Launch Pad window sideways. If you are using a Magic Mouse, use a two-finger sideways swipe. Or, press the left and right arrow keys to scroll it back and forth. Or, click the dimmed indicator blob at the bottom of the array -

User uploaded file

why can't i get rid of the console icon from the dock - it won't disappear when i drag it off- it springs right back to the dock. also, all my icons have disappeared from launch pad (except for app that i purchased)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.