Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quick stopped working.

I use Quick Look with the space bar and have for years as a photographer. Tonight It stopped working and when I look at File>close quick look it suggests to me that it is open. I have looked all over the screen in case it's hidden, but it's not.

'Help' is useless since it never tells you what to do if what it says it not working. I hate it when there is not one iota of information for trouble shooting. But that's a tirade for another post. Under 'quick look' in non-hel, I typed in 'eye buttom' (whatever that is) which it talks about... the response was about 'voice over and spotlight. Sheesh... Why don't they fix that?

Does anyone know what I can do? I thought to shut down the computer, but I have so many files open right now and I don't know that I can find them again... I'm a little behind in housekeeping.

Thanks and I wish you a Happy New Year..

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 6:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 6:34 PM

starbird,

Logging out/in may help, but I would have advised a shut down/restart had I not seen your comment about "so many files open." Why would restarting be a problem?

User uploaded file

3 replies

Quick stopped working.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.