Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Advantages of keeping music in the cloud vs downloading?

Is there an advantage to not downloading songs/albums to my device (other than hard-drive storage space). I'm wondering if songs play back at higher bit-rate, whether they are in the Cloud or not. Any other advantages or disadvantages.

iPhone 4S, iOS 5

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 10:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2017 1:52 PM

If you have downloaded those SONGS from the cloud, then the only advantage of having those songs NOT on your device would be storage space. However, if you have synchronized songs to your device via iTunes before moving to iTunes match and those songs do NOT play at 128kbps, then the way to remove those songs would be to sync with iTunes, have them taken off, then access/download them from the cloud. Am I hitting the mark? I hope that I am answering your questions correctly.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2017 1:52 PM in response to gabriel1978

If you have downloaded those SONGS from the cloud, then the only advantage of having those songs NOT on your device would be storage space. However, if you have synchronized songs to your device via iTunes before moving to iTunes match and those songs do NOT play at 128kbps, then the way to remove those songs would be to sync with iTunes, have them taken off, then access/download them from the cloud. Am I hitting the mark? I hope that I am answering your questions correctly.

Advantages of keeping music in the cloud vs downloading?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.