Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud icon animated in iTunes

Can anyone explain what the different appearances of the iCloud icon mean? Right now the cloud icon has animated diagonal lines running through it (this has been going on for awhile). Not sure if it means it's uploading songs I recently purchased from Amazon Cloud and/or iTunes Store. My iPhone is not connected via cable and has not been ejected.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 5:02 AM

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4124

17 replies

Jan 1, 2012 10:39 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks for the reference but I don't see a description of my particular situation. My cloud gets diagonal lines (like a candy-stripe or barbershop pole) animation. This isn't always the case but happens regularly enough that it's got me wondering. I'm thinking it has something to do with downloading recent purchases although it persists until I eventually shut down iTunes. Thanks.

Jan 1, 2012 12:58 PM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks. That does not sound good, as it is happening regularly. Any ideas on a fix? I think I need to go to an iCloud workshop (if the Apple Store offers such a thing) as simple as the Cloud is, there are some finer points I just don't get, ie: servers, how to link emails (I never get any action on my .me account), exchange (says I have Microsoft (from Outlook 2011) but no way to change to Apple? Very confusing so I know I'm not getting all I can out of iCloud. thanks.

Feb 9, 2013 12:03 PM in response to gabriel1978

This is driving me nuts too. I don't have an iTunes match subscription, but the little cloud is always doing the barbor-poll animation and it seems that my computer runs slower. I can't believe there is no documentionat about this on Apple's site or elsewhere. Is there a way to check current downloading items in iTunes '11? Maybe it's showing that I'm downloading a new podcast in the background... or something. This "feature" is just one of the many "enhancements" that have made me begin to hate the new iTunes. =(

Feb 14, 2013 9:41 AM in response to gabriel1978

I noticed this icon got "stuck" right after I added an album from a CD. The CD I added didn't show up on my music list but I could "see" the album, although I couldn't go to it, if I searched for it. I corrected both problems by logging out of my itunes account and logging back in from the itune store... very strange. I've had this happen to me three or four times since the "new look" itunes has been rolled out.

Jul 23, 2013 5:17 AM in response to S1278

Seems to me Apple cares about its customers less and less.

iTunes used to be great, but is just getting more and more annoying after every release.

Too many nonsense features.

ALso, when I check "double items", it merely matches the double tracknames, whereas it should be trackname&&albumname&&artistname. VERY annoying indeed!

Jul 23, 2013 9:39 AM in response to beeltink

Close iTunes and move the iTunes preference file, com.apple.iTunes.plist, from your Home/Library/Preferences folder to the Desktop and launch iTunes. If that helps the problem you can delete the file from the Desktop. If it doesn't, move it back into the Preferences folder replacing the new file.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

iCloud icon animated in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.