Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't disable new mail alert sounds on my iPhone

Hi,

For the past few days I have been receiving new mail alert sounds on my iPhone 4s even though Settings > Sounds > New Mail is set to None. Also Settings > Notifications > Mail is set as follows:

Notification Center: ON

Show: 10 Unread Items

Alert style: None

Badge App Icon: ON

Show Preview: ON

View in Lock Screen: OFF

I have rebooted my phone but still have the problem.

Thanks for your help!

Greg

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 3:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2012 1:17 AM

After many trips to the Genius Bar (they were stumped!), restores of my iPhone, etc, I finally realised what was going on: I had downloaded the GMail App, and it was this App that was causing the annoying notifications. Once I disabled notifications for GMail App in Settings > Notifications, voilá, problem solved. Duh!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2012 1:17 AM in response to Greg Andresen

After many trips to the Genius Bar (they were stumped!), restores of my iPhone, etc, I finally realised what was going on: I had downloaded the GMail App, and it was this App that was causing the annoying notifications. Once I disabled notifications for GMail App in Settings > Notifications, voilá, problem solved. Duh!

I can't disable new mail alert sounds on my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.