Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All Appleworks docs all have the same extension cwk--word docs and spreadsheets alike. How can I set my computer to open a word doc with cwk extension in Pages and a spreadsheet document with cwk extension in Numbers?

All Appleworks docs all have the same extension .cwk--word docs and spreadsheets alike. How can I set my iMac running Lion to open a word processor doc with .cwk extension in Pages and a spreadsheet document with .cwk extension to open in Numbers?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 9:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 9:30 AM

.cwk (Claris Works) covers several types of documents, now openable by several applications so I do not think you can do that automatically, you must export them in Claris/AppleWorks, then import them in apps of the younger generation. Pages can open, I think, only cwk files created as word processing in AW 6.x.x

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2012 9:30 AM in response to Chris George4

.cwk (Claris Works) covers several types of documents, now openable by several applications so I do not think you can do that automatically, you must export them in Claris/AppleWorks, then import them in apps of the younger generation. Pages can open, I think, only cwk files created as word processing in AW 6.x.x

All Appleworks docs all have the same extension cwk--word docs and spreadsheets alike. How can I set my computer to open a word doc with cwk extension in Pages and a spreadsheet document with cwk extension in Numbers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.