Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to open itunes library on different computer?

Hello all.

I have my itunes library on an ext HD. I was running it on a old, pre-intel G5. I tunes version is very old. OS is old. Computer has crashed, I cannot provide versions numbers, or more machine info.

I would like to open the itunes library on ext hd on a different computer (mac mini) running itunes 10.

I have tried to point itunes to itunes folder on hard drive. itunes recognizes the new location (change itunes location in preferences) However, when I restart itunes, my ext library itunes files do not show.

Please advise.

GC

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 2:56 PM

7 replies

Jan 1, 2012 3:46 PM in response to Armygrunt

Those boxes are checked like in the screen cap. A lot of the exclaimation points went away, but it's now not recognizing podcasts I already had in my library. I looks like to would have to re-download all of them. Some regular music tunes still are not found. Need to manually locate them

I think the checkbox setting applies to all files that are downloaded from here on out, but not the old stuff.

Years ago, I had to manually locate all the files and it was a major PITA. I think there were never organized properly in the first place, so the problem continues to haunt me.

how to open itunes library on different computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.