Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone app store missing

Recently purchased 4s, cant find app store icon. Tried downloading apps thru other means error message comes up, saying address cannot be found. Have searched all pages, reset home page, restored ph to factory settings thru itunes, still no icon. Outta ideas and patience!

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 4:50 PM

Did you try a simple search for App Store thru Spotlight? (Swipe right from the Home Screen)

BTW, you can always download or purchase apps fom your computer iTunes.

10 replies

Jan 1, 2012 4:56 PM in response to LB2671

Thanks for quick reply but tried all of those suggestions. After syncing with new itunes, could not download any of my previously saved apps. When i gave that up and tried downloading app store, clicked on apple store by mistake. Having tried a second time to sync previous apps to phone only accomplished to get a Apple store icon "waiting" on my phone.

Jan 1, 2012 5:08 PM in response to LB2671

"...tried downloading app store..."

Another angle....

You might be confusing two different apps. Every iOS device comes with the "App Store" app that is part of iOS. This app is not available for download from anywhere and cannot be deleted from the device.

There is also an "Apple Store" app, that is for checking the brick and mortar stores, is available for download and cn be deleted.

Which one are you dissing here?

Jan 1, 2012 5:31 PM in response to LB2671

There are 3 possibilities:

1. The app got moved to another page of your Home screen, or got combined into a folder. If you can't find it by looking go to Settings/General/Reset and Reset Home Screen Layout
  2. The app is disabled in Restrictions. Go to Settings/General/Restrictions. If a password is required it means there are restrictions set. You will need to remember the passcode to get into it and disable the restriction.
  3. Your phone is connected to a corporate Exchange server, and the IT Administrator has set a security policy to not permit apps to be added to the phone. If you think this is a possibility speak to your IT Administrator.

Jan 2, 2012 4:42 AM in response to LB2671

You or someone set restrictions and created a passcode. The only official way to clear it is to restore the phone with iTunes as a new phone, which means losing all content, so you will have to reload it. The other possibility is that you set up a corporate Microsoft Exchange email account and your IT department set restrictions.

There are ways to find the Restrictions passcode in the phone's backup; a forum search should find advice on how to do it (if I knew how I would tell you, but it hasn't been my problem).

Iphone app store missing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.