Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imessage no delivery notification

For some reason, when I send an Imessage to one contact, it never shows the message as delivered. It works for other Imessage users, and worked up until about an hour ago. I received a message from them, and then when I went to reply, it never showed "delivered" under the message. While this obviously isn't a huge deal, I want to make sure that they are in fact receiving my message. I guess I've come to count on the delivered notification more than I realized. Like I said, it works for other users, as well as I've turned the phone off and on several times. there have been times where there has been a delay, but it has been at least half an hour since I sent the first message. I was able to send one as a regular text message that I know they got, but it's just irritating as to why all of the sudden this is acting up and possibly just for this one contact. I haven't changed any message settings or anything, so I don't think that is the problem. Does anyone know what could be causing this and how I can fix it?

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 6:08 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2012 6:58 PM in response to ckuan

It shows up as blue with them, but just never shows delivered underneath (and up until about an hour it worked fine). And it doesn't have a red exclaimation point or anything or asking me to send it SMS. It just sort of sits there. Then I checked a minute, and some of the earlier ones finally said delivered. So I'm thinking it's maybe just servers being slow? I can just SMS them and that works fine, so its not a major deal, unless it keeps happening and then I'll look into figured it out, but maybe it'll fix itself tomorrow.

Imessage no delivery notification

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.