Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AutoSave Does not work !

Again !!!

I just lost 3 hours of intense editing after FCP X crashed.

It only saved the first 30 secs of my clip.

That's it I am giving up on this program and going back to FCP 7

At least in 7 I can save every 5 minutes.

God **** I am so angry with this stupid auto save feature !

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 6:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 12:44 AM

I can sympathise with you - losing your work is SO frustrating - but I think you'll regret going back to FCP 7 - and if you do, remember, it's obsolete - Apple will not be making any improvements and sooner or later, it will be unusable.

I certainly wouldn't go back to FCP 7 because FCP X has saved me hundreds of hours.

I have experienced the autosave failure but the 10.01 (I think) upgrade sorted id out and it has not happened on my system since.

Before you go, do yourself a favour - create a new (admin) account on your Mac and run FCP X from there. If it works, it means there's some conflict on your system (which there must be because autosave works so well for most of us).

In this case, I or somebody else can advise further - but first you need to be convinced that FCP X does work!

Andy

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2012 12:44 AM in response to Will Power PT

I can sympathise with you - losing your work is SO frustrating - but I think you'll regret going back to FCP 7 - and if you do, remember, it's obsolete - Apple will not be making any improvements and sooner or later, it will be unusable.

I certainly wouldn't go back to FCP 7 because FCP X has saved me hundreds of hours.

I have experienced the autosave failure but the 10.01 (I think) upgrade sorted id out and it has not happened on my system since.

Before you go, do yourself a favour - create a new (admin) account on your Mac and run FCP X from there. If it works, it means there's some conflict on your system (which there must be because autosave works so well for most of us).

In this case, I or somebody else can advise further - but first you need to be convinced that FCP X does work!

Andy

Jan 2, 2012 1:58 PM in response to andynick

But one should not have to log out then log in under a new user name to use ones programs.

I have tried this rumored tip before with no success.

I am paranoid now that after hours of editing all my work may be lost at any time due to a crash.

We need a manul save option. A program this new and prone to crashing should not be trusted with the responsibility of saving our work.

Apple if you are listening. Bring out an update with a manual "Save as" option and we as proffesional editors might persist with this product.

AutoSave Does not work !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.