Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Data Doubler

Does opening your computer void you warranty???

Macbook pro ipod touch, Nano Ipad

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 6:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 6:53 PM

You can replace your hard drive and/or RAM without violating your warranty. However, if you break something while doing that, it's on you. Don't expect sympathy from Apple.

4 replies

Jan 1, 2012 7:04 PM in response to ipodperson1

you can open up your mac if you want. Opening your mac does not void the warranty as instructions on how to replace the ram and hard drive are included in the user manual. Replacing the ram and hard drive will not void the warranty. Yes, you can pay Apple to install ram or a hard drive that they sell, but for an outrageous price, or do it yourself. Putting in a data doubler will void the warranty, as you have to remove the optical drive in order to install the second hard drive. I called AppleCare as I was interested in putting in a Data Doubler and they told me it would void the warranty, so the info I am providing is directly from the horses mouth.

Data Doubler

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.