Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I recover my microsoft exchange password (I use it to connect my gmail, calendar, contacts, et al). Thanks.

I have had my iphone for over a year and use microsoft exchange to link my calendars, contact and gmail. Tonight, in error, I deleted my microsoft exchange account. With it went my contacts and one of my calendars. I can still get gmail. I don't use google apps. All of my software, apps, etc. are current.

Because my microsoft exchange username is my gmail address, I assumed that its password would match my gmail password. No go. It has rejected my gmail password on several occassions this evening. Using my PC, I looked everywhere for the link to microsoft exchange so I can check or reset my password. I can't find it.

Your advice would be great, pls. Thanks.

iPhone 3GS, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jan 1, 2012 10:47 PM

14 replies

Aug 18, 2017 7:26 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Allan,

Your response Doesn't help solve the issue. It has no business being on a support page. You aren't offering support. Your open disdain for another company when someone is, in fact, experiencing a technical difficulty with an Apple product, is nothing more than an opinion. Your opinion of another company has no bearing on how to solve the OPs technical concern. Furthermore, have you worked for Microsoft? How many Microsoft products do you own? Have you reached out to their support team to share your concerns about their products with them? In other words... How proactive have you been to make a difference and actually help solve issues?

Aug 18, 2017 9:07 AM in response to ATCHmusic

Neither are you.

Besides if you wish to know the intent of my post it was an effort to have someone else pick up this threat to help. It is also caused this thread to return to the top again so someone else might see it.

Further more as a condition of employment I had to work with Microsoft. As soon as I retired I see no reason to continue having anything to do with Microsoft.

Aug 18, 2017 9:41 AM in response to Allan Eckert

Lol. You're right... I don't have a solution... hence my coming to this thread. I don't know why Gmail is connected to Exchange the way it is. Do share your experience with Microsoft. I'm interested. I recently made the move from Apple computers to PC. I've been using Ubuntu a lot more that Windows lately. After Berkshire bought majority share in Apple... I don't trust the company anymore, mainly over privacy concerns. Considering even leaving the iPhone behind for the Google Pixel. Idk. Very disappointed with Apple lately. They simply have too much access across personal devices. If you've ever had a divorce... Apple is Satan for the interconnectivity. I'm happy with my PC build, I just wish for more Linux compatibility.

Aug 18, 2017 2:26 PM in response to Allan Eckert

I am. I was aggravated about this issue with this Exchange account. And I felt betrayed by your reply is all. Apologies. I don't know about servers. I do know that I was extremely turned off by the direction that Apple has taken in soldering memory and various components to the boards. My interest in PC began after the latest MacBook Pro was showing specs that were about the same as a 2011 MacBook Air. I found myself falling into the trap of trying to get an older model MacPro tower. Then I discovered the Ryzen chip and went with a PC build. I bought an Nvidia Dev kit that requires having Ubuntu installed. Since having used Linux... I can say that open source has its weak points. I don't like the fact that we are stuck in this Kernel paradigm. I believe that total integration is the only thing that can stop the billionaire OS tycoon who has every users information on a corporate level. The emergence of Crytocurrency is driving technology into the GPU/APU/CPU sandbox direction. I think that, ultimately companies like Nvidia, AMD, and the like, will emerge with their own thing that isn't realiant upon a proprietary OS Kernel that was developed using open source tech. If the Fed leverages certain cryptocurrency models... a huge push toward Internet Privacy will be propagandized pretty heavily to essentially separate the mass cloud from the Fed cloud. Ultimately, the future of using Interweb, at the public sector, will being at a black screen with a blinking line. I don't believe the Fed will remain connected on ANY level to any public cloud. So, the Eye of Sauron won't be able to monitor the ultimate growth of personal financial models that WILL develop out of a combination of people's ingenuity, accessibility of Nueral chips to the consumer market, 4th Amendment ratifications, and... the IoT. Unless Apple want to get serious about ingenuity, and find that spark... they'll have iTunes. Fanboys are falling to the wayside as Apple focuses their development efforts in appeasing the Cincinnati housewives by making sure to add an emoji bar on their Pro level line of computers. Computers that were once praised for being powerhouses for productivity... that are significantly stripped down versions of products that were better in 2010 that they are now. The biggest threat to their future is in the past... NYE 1969.

I digress. The problem is that iPhone asks for the Exchange account password. It is misleading. Go to.. Settings-Mail- and their you will see which email is associated with your Exchange account. Mine was a Gmail account. Not sure why.

I'm not a troll. I still maintain that your comment was pointless... and I yield to you sir that mine was the same. Apologies. Not everyone in the world is jaded. I respect your ability to have discourse without resorting to using invective. It is rare to see. I'd love to continue this discussion though. People need to communicate more, and get offended less. Maybe we can make something happen!

Aug 18, 2017 2:49 PM in response to ATCHmusic

ATCHmusic wrote:

The problem is that iPhone asks for the Exchange account password. It is misleading. Go to.. Settings-Mail- and their you will see which email is associated with your Exchange account. Mine was a Gmail account. Not sure why.

AFAIK gmail stops supporting EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) many years ago.

The death of Google's ActiveSync support, and what it means for you - Hiver Blog

How do I recover my microsoft exchange password (I use it to connect my gmail, calendar, contacts, et al). Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.