Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

20th Anniversary Macintosh (TAM) Static/Buzzing Sound

Hello There,

I have a 20th Anniversary Macintosh which is buzzing.

I know there are other posts about this but i just wanted to confirm the best solution.

The TAM switches on but takes about a minute for the light to come on and the screen to light up, at which point the buzzing starts but only sometimes.

If, once the buzzing has started, you press the TAM in the correct spot (Not on the subwoofer) the buzzing will stop for a short time, however this spot constantly moves 😟. How should i fix this? Is it still a problem with the subwoofer joints?

The computer has OS 8.5 and has a Sonnet Crescendo Upgrade (If you need the details i will post them).

All Drivers are installed for this Upgrade.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards Toby Herbert.

Twentieth Anniversary Macintosh-OTHER, Mac OS 8.6 or Earlier, Sonnet Processor Upgrade

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 3:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 3, 2012 8:45 AM

Update: I have tried cleaning the connectors in the subwoofer but to no joy 😟. What should i do now?

tobyaherbert wrote:

Hello There,

I know there are other posts about this but i just wanted to confirm the best solution.

The TAM switches on but takes about a minute for the light to come on and the screen to light up, at which point the buzzing starts but only sometimes.

If, once the buzzing has started, you press the TAM in the correct spot (Not on the subwoofer) the buzzing will stop for a short time, however this spot constantly moves 😟. How should i fix this? Is it still a problem with the subwoofer joints?

The computer has OS 8.5 and has a Sonnet Crescendo Upgrade (If you need the details i will post them).

Regards Toby Herbert.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 3, 2012 8:45 AM in response to tobyaherbert

Update: I have tried cleaning the connectors in the subwoofer but to no joy 😟. What should i do now?

tobyaherbert wrote:

Hello There,

Regards Toby Herbert.

20th Anniversary Macintosh (TAM) Static/Buzzing Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.