Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCal invitations suddenly only received as email

sending ical invitations between family members has worked great. we're using this feature only once in a while, not regularly.

since december 21st (2011) i'm receiving ical invitations only as email message, with 2 options:

to add the attached .ics file to ical.

this doesn't work on ipad or iphone, and has created duplicates on my macbook, whicht have the synced to iphone + ipad, where i cannot remove the duplicates i have successfully removed on my macbook (ical).

click on the contents/text/buttons in the email message to accept or decline an invitation.

this will NOT create an ical entry in my calendar!

however, the sender of the invitation get's my accept/decline in her calendar/meeting.

the invitations are sent to my correct icloud/apple-ID.

what has changed? why am i not getting new calender entries in my ical inbox, like i used to get them before?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2), 17", 2.5 GHz (early 2008)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 5:55 AM

9 replies

Feb 1, 2012 10:17 AM in response to New Apple Boy

i just checked again:

it works as expected for the apple id i have setup for use with my icloud calendars.

and i still get an email message for invitations to the account that is not setup for icloud calendars - but this is what i would expect to happen.

maybe that's the reason why it fails in your setup? did you try sending invitations from/to both accounts?

Feb 1, 2012 10:19 AM in response to tuscan

My iCloud account is tied to the same email as my iTunes account, all through Gmail. It's setup for calendars and contacts and so forth, and syncs them all fine between iPhone/iPad/iMac but won't receive invitations properly. What's frustrating is that it's only been for the past month or two that I've noticed this. When iCloud first went live I was able to send and receive notifications of iCal events through my iCloud gmail account.

iCal invitations suddenly only received as email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.