Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

NIK plugins or wait for Aperture 4?

Hello people,

I February my studies photography starts and I am considering buying the NIK plugins.

Aperture 3 is in February about two years old and wonder if Aperture 4 will be released soon, if it will be.

I expect much improvements in for example noise reduction and editing in general, and that is a nice addition with the plugins.

Can anyone advise me what to do best?

iMac 20, Mac OS X (10.7.2), AppleTV, iPhone 4S, iPad, MacBook

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 5:45 AM

We are no fortune tellers - so no predictions here. 😝

The more important question would be, if soon an update for the Nik plug-ins will be released, to ensure compatibility with Lion. Browse this forum for recent posts on incompatible plug-ins, e.g. Nik Plugin Crash Issues

Right now I would refrain from using plug-ins not especially developed for Lion, but that is my personal point of view.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 2, 2012 5:45 AM in response to Lt.Tuvok

We are no fortune tellers - so no predictions here. 😝

The more important question would be, if soon an update for the Nik plug-ins will be released, to ensure compatibility with Lion. Browse this forum for recent posts on incompatible plug-ins, e.g. Nik Plugin Crash Issues

Right now I would refrain from using plug-ins not especially developed for Lion, but that is my personal point of view.

Jan 2, 2012 5:47 AM in response to Lt.Tuvok

No one can say when or even if an Aperture 4 might appear or what features it might have. Apple never releases this sort of information.

Again you can expect all sorts of thins but there is no way to know if any of it will appear. So I would recommend you do what you need to do to get the performance you want now and not worry about what may show up at some point in the future.

regards

Jan 2, 2012 6:17 AM in response to léonie

While there were some reported issues with Nik, Lion and fonts the plugins worked in Lion for the majority of users.

In addition Nik seems to have come out with updates see Will my Nik Software products work if I install Mac OS X version 10.7 Lion?

If the OP has any concerns he can downlaod the trail versions of the Nik plugins and test them out.

NIK plugins or wait for Aperture 4?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.