Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail, Add To Aperture

I noticed that Mail has the option to Add to iPhoto attachements.

Is there anyway to get Mail to add to Aperture as well?

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 6:27 AM

Not directly as is the case with iPhoto.

But you can set up an Automatior action to do the job. Ths one set as a mail service works:

User uploaded file

Modify the Aperture stuff to fit your needs.

regards

4 replies

Jan 2, 2012 8:00 AM in response to 1 Open Loop

I suspect that for several reasons including how Mail handles attachments a workflow that imports files into the Aperture Library will be more robust. You can always and easily filter for Images that have Managed Masters and relocate them.

Since I run several Libraries I have set up Finder folders for each into which I save Mail attachments and Web downloads, then periodically import the contents of the Finder folder by moving the files to the location I want.

Note, too, that you always drag-and-drop from Mail (and other apps). This works well for those one-at-a-time imports. I had thought there was a way to force Aperture to import as referenced using the last used import settings, but I can't find any record of this (perhaps it was dropped).

Mail, Add To Aperture

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.