Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

While loading Leopard I seem to have lost access to MAC hard drive. Tiger is erased but Leopard install disc doesn't find any drive option to load to.

Backed up files and applications. Ran old startup disc and used Disk Utility to repair HD (could not do this from loaded Disk Utility). Seemed to have computer ready to upgrade. Installed Leopard disk. After some issues which seemed to get resolved satisfactorily, install said it would have to erase old operating system. athat proceeded OK. Leopard started to install normally with time to finish and blue loading bar progressing normally. Four minutes befor it was due to complete I got a black popup window that said I needed to restart computer. I only know how to find Restart by using the on/off button. Pushed it but did not get usual cancel/restart/shutdown. I then held down the button, shut off computer and then restarted.

Now I'm in limbo. Leopard install disc starts process again and gets to "choose a target drive". Unfortiunately NO drive icon appears. Looking at HD using disc utility it shows nothing loaded, full 111gig available.

I do have original OSX discs that came with computer new. Want my beautiful Widebody 17" Powerbook up and running. Any help much appreciated.

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 7:54 AM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2012 8:38 AM in response to framer

Additional info. With Leopard install diak as startup, went to Diak Utility today (repeat of yesterday's attempts). Ran Repair Disk. Got "invalid content in journal". At end of repair got The volume Macintosh HD was successfilly repaired. It appears that HD is not mounted. Mount butten is live but it say can not mount, and to run disk repair. Immediately tried to run disk repair and get same responses as above (invalid content/Hd successfully repaired.

While loading Leopard I seem to have lost access to MAC hard drive. Tiger is erased but Leopard install disc doesn't find any drive option to load to.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.