Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

multiple domain images

I have been using the multidomain utility (domain cracker) with Lion and it works fine. However, the other day I made the mistake of using it while another domain was already open, and now everytime I open a doman, images corresponding to one or two other domains also open but in the background. These other "domains" cannot be edited but if I close them iWeb crashes. I can edit the domain I chose (which is always at the front), save, and publish normally, but it would be nice to get rid of the "domains" in the backgound. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 8:32 AM

9 replies

Jul 4, 2012 12:05 PM in response to josemari

This sounds like a case of Lion trying to reopen "documents" from the last run of iWeb. This feature can be turned off by opening "System Preferences" going to the "General" panel and near the bottom unchecking the control "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps".

If you're interested in changing solutions then I'd recomend our app named "Multisite" which manages multiple iWeb domains and can even search for domains by name with our version 3.1 release last week.

Jul 4, 2012 12:32 PM in response to Elden Wood

iWebsites main advantage - apart from being free - is that it will merge sites.

It is still available for download and I guess it doesn't matter that its not being developed anymore since iWeb isn't either.

The app based on the script by Cyclosaurus works fine although I don't use iWeb under Lion anymore and keep it on an external drive under Snow Leopard.

Its just a matter of time before iWeb becomes redundant and I only use it for updating existing sites. I think the last time I built a new iWeb site was over two years ago - just before it became obvious that Apple weren't going anywhere with it.

I suppose iWeb will still be viable for while - after all there's still lots of websites out there using HTML table layouts!

My main reason for moving on was the fact that it can't create responsive designs and these are the thing of now - not the future.

multiple domain images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.