Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Am I understanding correctly...

I have registered a new apple ID so we as a family can share everything.

I want to upload our music to match. We have 3 different itunes libraries plus 4 different itunes accounts that we want to make 1 so we can share.

If i join the match and then connect each device or library to the new family account will everything merge into the new family ID?

This seems to be so complicated. Please help me make the transition as easy as possible.

Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 9:28 AM

3 replies

Jan 2, 2012 11:15 AM in response to tumshie

Yes it will merge everything. I don't see this bit as particularly complicated. You are asking for all this music to be available on the cloud. If you wanted all four libraries individually then you should sign up individually. If you use one match account then it will merge it all. I'd imagine any other way of doing it would be complicated.

If you chose to go ahead, make sure you finish the match process on each library before matching the next one.

Jan 2, 2012 4:36 PM in response to tumshie

Each time you add a new computer with music in Itunes, using the "family ID" that music will be added to the cloud - if it is eligible. From then on, all "family ID" devices, your computers and your iOS devices (iphones, iPads) will see everything.

However, if you have music right now on an iPhone or an iPad that is NOT already in one of the computers you are going to use, then that music HAS to be put onto one of the computers. You cannot add music from an iOS device to the cloud, only download it from the cloud and play it.

KeithJenner is correct. Start with the computer where most of the music is and let it complete the matching process. Once it is done, go into your view options and check the "icloud status" box. Sort the view so you can see what matched, what was uploaded, and what was deemed ineligible. If you have ineligible music, you will probably need to make an AAC copy of them within itunes and run match again. Audiobooks, (videos other than iTunes purchased music videos) are not eligible at all.

Once you are certain you've got everything from the first computer matched or uploaded, then go to the second computer, sign in with the "family ID", and continue the process.

For more information, here is a page with all of the Apple support documents related to iTunes Match.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3619849

Am I understanding correctly...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.