Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10.5.2 rips tracks with noise/crackle to NAS server

This weekend I installed my Synology DS-212j NAS-server and migrated my iTunes library to it with the intention to have my entire iTunes library on the NAS. When I ripped some CDs in iTunes to the NAS, I noticed that the files have noise/crackle on the beginning and on the end of the WAV-file.

When I opened the ripped files in my Wave-editor the noise/crackle was visible just before the track starts and just after the track finishes on the left channel of the stereo wave. When I rip tracks to my old iTunes library located on one of the drives in my Mac Pro there is no noise/crackle.

Does anybody have an idea what could cause this problem and how it can be solved? I have tried to google it but didn't find any similar posts.

I run Mac OS X 10.6.8 on my Mac Pro with iTunes 10.5.2. The Synology NAS has 2x Western Digital Caviar Green 2TB drives (WD20EARX) inside.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Danny

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 6GB RAM/1x 640GB and 3x 1TB HDD

Posted on Jan 2, 2012 10:07 AM

There are no replies.

iTunes 10.5.2 rips tracks with noise/crackle to NAS server

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.